So you want to learn about golden hour, huh? It’s a pretty popular time of day for photographers to shoot. We’ll tell you what it is and why we prefer this time of day to others.
· You get yummy light flares and beautiful soft light.
· Avoiding heatstroke is one of our top priorities. Safety first!
· There are no soft shadows or squinty eyes from the blinding sun at high noon.
· In the summer, the weather isn’t too hot, so you’re able to relax a little better knowing there isn’t sweat running down your face or making stains on your shirt.
· During Golden Hour, everything is warm and pretty and gives off a magical feeling.
· We can also get some sweet silhouette shots as the sun is going down on the horizon. Maybe even some potential for double exposures!
You may or may not have noticed that all of our open availability for outdoor sessions is typically in the evening before sunset. We do have some daytime sessions available, but we prefer to shoot in the hours leading up to sunset. This is called the ‘Golden Hour.’ During this time, the lighting is absolutely perfect for our style of photography.